“Like shards of stained and shattered glass, artist Marna Shopoff pieces together frames of fractured color in her non-representational artwork.” – Christina Nafziger
“The mysterious interaction of light and space creates an architectural quality that is inviting yet elusive, as if dwellinglike spaces appeared within mirages of colliding rays of refracted light.” – Eric Bookhardt
“Down the Hall” looks like golden afternoon sun cast romantically, unapologetically, realistically on sober built walls.” – NOLA Defender
“Marna Shopoff’s “Complimentary Exchange” is a striking oil painting with lines going every which way that seems to betray perspective and straddles the line between figuration and abstraction.”
- Christina Nafziger, Artist Feature Article, Create! Magazine, online publication, June 14, 2017
- Samuel Spencer. “Director’s Pick: 11 Must-See Booths at VOLTA12”, BLOUIN ARTINFO, online review, June 3, 2016.
- Eric Bookhardt, “Review: Usual Places, Unusual Spaces and Symmetric Equivalence”, The Gambit, The Best of New Orleans, online review, August 10, 2015.
- Marian S. McLellan. “Julia Street and Beyond”, Symmetric Equivalence, NOAR pdf. pg 23. 2015.
- Grossman, Dan. “Last Fri at Wug’s, First Fri at M10 and Litmus” Nuvo, Jan 10th, 2013.
- NOLA Defender, “NOLA Defender Reviews Jonathan Ferrara Gallery 17th Annual No Dead Artist Exhibition”, Blog, September 13, 2013
- Kightlinger, Cathy. “New Year, New Show, New Leader at the Raymond James Stutz Art Gallery” Indy Star, January 16th, 2013.
- Grossman, Dan. “Top Five of 2012: Visual Arts” Nuvo, December 28th, 2012.
- “IDADA’s 8th Membership Exhibition” GG-Art, October 12th, 2012.
- Grossman, Dan. “Artist profile: Marna Shopoff ” Nuvo, August 1st, 2012.
- Grossman, Dan. “Review: David Schmitt, Marna Shopoff” Nuvo, April 20th, 2012.